Good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
So I just committed to buying some equipment off craigslist. Here is what Im getting for $225 what do you all think

1 x Sanke Keg with top cut out but no spigot
1 x IGLOO 10 gallon cooler w/ spigot but without any sort of manifold
6 x 5.5 gallon carboys
3 x corny kegs
1 x regulator
1 x 10lb CO2
1 x Hand Crank grain mill
1 x copper wort chiller
1 x bottle capper
assorted taps, airlocks, hydrometers, misc hops and specialty grain

I have a lot of this stuff but I figure I could sell what I dont need for at least $100 so it would be like $125 for the mill, keggle, mashtun, wort chiller and carboys

You all think I should go for it?

I don't think there is any such thing as a 5.5 gallon carboy. They are either 5, 6 or 6.5. I'm assuming they are 5's. Those are nice for secondaries, but as primaries they're lacking unless you want to brew less than 5 gal batches.

The mill, chiller and capper REALLY vary in value depending on quality. You may also want to check to see it the tank has an expired date.

Im sure the capper is the cheap kind. The guy says he brewed a ton back in the 70's and made the wort chiller himself (says it works great). The mill he says he currently has hooked up to a drill and it works great. The carboys are probably 5's but even at that the glass is $100.

Back