good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
There is a used 8 gallon stainless steel pot, propane outdoor burner and 6.5 glass carboy for sale for 150. I want to do all grain brews soon will 8 gallons be enough?

nope. don't do it. 50 for the pot, 30 for the burner, and 30 for a used 6.5. $110 at the most. i'm throwing out larger numbers than i'd pay, too. i recently paid 40 for a keggle, 30 for a new burner, and 20 for a 6.5.

OH YEAH. sure 8 gallons is big enough to do full boil 5 gallon batches in if you keep an eye on it for boil over. but that price for USED stuff is too expensive IMO. I bought a used SS turkey fryer.. 8 gallon SS pot all used ONCE for 50 bucks off craigslist. And a BOATLOAD of 6.5 gallon carboys for 3 bucks each. Keep looking.

That's funny Steve that is the exact kit I'm looking at. I just didn't mention the other stuff cuz I don't really need it. Thanks for doing the extra work for me. So I offered 150 for the above kit,

I found a brand new 7.5 gal brew pot with burner on craig's list and paid $10. A recently married couple received it as a wedding gift and just wanted to get rid of it.

Back