Quantcast

Good Country Music

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

og_wrangler

Reaction score
My friend who works at Universal music introduced me to a new artist named Shooter Jennings. All I really knew about him was that he was the son of the legendary Waylon Jennings. I figured that the cd probably would be ok at best but it turned out to very good. The album has a really good blend of country and rock licks that give it a unique sound. The cd is worth checking out. You can go shooters' my space page if you want to hear for yourself. www.myspace.com/shooterjennings

El Pistolero

Reaction score
AlaskaAl(e) said:
"Good country music"

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

(waiting for the fallout)
Not when you're talking about the outlaws (or their kids).

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
AlaskaAl(e) said:
"Good country music"

Come on , man! O.K. Maybe good country music is an oxywhatever, but if you get into the guys like David Alan Coe, or even Willie Nelson, you'll see that they're pretty hardcore. I'm a diehard Black Sabbath fan, myself. Some of those country cats lived even harder than that. I can't go for the crying country where the dog dies and your woman leaves, but check out D.A.C.'s ultimate country song. It's funny as hell! I heard there's a country rapper called Cowboy Troy. Don't know what that's about, but I've gotta applaud him for trying.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
sudsmonkey said:
I'm a diehard Black Sabbath fan, myself.
Saw Black Sabbath about 37 years ago...ain't been able to hear a lick since. ;)

I'll say this...Willie and Waylon and the boys could rock with Ozzie any day. :cool:

rsitzejr

Reaction score
Cowboy Troy does a song with Big and Rich, pretty cool duo, even if you don't like country.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
Sudster said:
Ever heard the song "Save a Horse ..Ride a Cowboy". :D
Yes, but we're talking about music here...that's just a bumper sticker set to an (almost) catchy tune :D

brewhead

Reaction score
AlaskaAl(e) said:
"Good country music"

i'm glad someone else said that - and i was raised on country - my father owned a country band for a while. i cannot stand the stuff even the new country or crossover country ...yech. and i'm pretty broad in my affair with music.

Dude

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
"I Love This Bar" by Toby Keith kicks butt too. Heck most of TK's stuff kicks butt. I'm a closet Country fan. SOME of it anyway. Leann Rimes is my secret honey (now that she's of age, of course...). :D

Sir Sudster

Reaction score
I'm partial to Roseanne Cash ..I'm not sure one could classify her as country though ..but they do. Leanns a sweetie!