Good Beer in Atlanta?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The wife has convinced me to take her and the kids for a little drive down to Atlanta to visit the aquarium. Is there a great place to buy some pretty good bottled beer? Nashville doesn't have the best options. Is there a microbrewery that serves really good beer and some decent food, that is also family friendly. The kids are 7 & 4 respectively.

Green's or Hop City are both great beer shops. A most of the beer bars at least the good ones are mainly 21 and up, or really not setup for kids, especially that young.

Actually check out 5 Seasons off Roswell Rd, the brewer there started Sweetwater Brewery and makes some good stuff, kid friendly too.

Try mellow mushroom, good beer selection bottle and tap, and real good pizza, a win win for kids and alcoholics.

_

Try mellow mushroom, good beer selection bottle and tap, and real good pizza, a win win for kids and alcoholics.

_

Been to both of them in Middle Tennessee, not bad. I am looking to buy some bottled beer to bring home. I was also looking for someplace to eat and sample some good microbrewed beer.

There was a good bottle shop downtown, Hops abd Beer City (I think). Great beer selection and it was right next door to the microbrewery we were having dinner at. Really good sour section.

For beer and food, I hit up The Porter last time I was in ATL and it was fantastic. Very eclectic neighborhood as well.

Downtown is "Max Lager's", which has some pretty good microbrew. Only been there once, for my wife's b-day. http://maxlagers.com/ They do a growler fill every once in a while, but have no bottled beer for sale.

My local liquor store has a ton of different microbrews (as do many around here; they're all starting to catch on). It's off Hwy 92 west of I-575. Not too far out of the way back to Tenn, but I'd think you could find something closer.

Back