Good beer around Washington DC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonclick

Reaction score
We'll be in Washington DC for week this summer for my 6th graders trip. Anyways I always like to try good beers. Anything around DC (beer-wise) that I should check out?

in the city? Capitol City Brewing for brew pub and Church Key for the biggest selection

outside the city? depends on location

out here by Dulles, we have Lost Rhino brew pub and a Dogfish Head Alehouse

also, there are several Sweetwater Taverns that brew and they make a dang tasty Black IPA

Capitol City is pretty centrally located, within walking distance of the National Mall, the White House, Verizon Center, Convention Center, Chinatown and two Metro Rail stations.

Grand Hyatt is stumble-back-to-the-hotel close

Rock Bottom is in Rosslyn, VA, right across the river and is a good choice if you're visiting Arlington National Cemetary &/or the Marine Corps Iwo Jima memorial

my son is in a leadership program so we'll either be staying at the following two hotels: Hyatt Fair Lakes or Hyatt Dulles Hotel

Hyatt Dulles... that's my 'hood

take your pick; Lost Rhino, Dogfish Head Alehouse and Sweetwater Tavern are all very close by

Hyatt Fair Lakes is not far from the same places, even closer to DFH than Dulles

Not kidding about that traffic! This is why I avoid Northern VA at all costs and spend my time in Charlottesville or Fredericksburg.

GrogNerd if you haven't already made it down to Central VA to Blue Mountain Brewery...do it! :mug:

will keep that one in mind!

don't know why I haven't been to Lost Rhino, it's right down the street.

I gotta put up with Verizon & AOL traffic, maybe that's why not

Latest posts

Back