Gonna try out a full boil and had a couple of questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seasum

Reaction score
The first off, is it really that big of a difference? I have a honey bee ale kit from Midwest in secondary and a Peach Wheat from a recipe on here in primary now, and are going to be my first "real" batches since we messed up the first one really badly because nobody said to use two of those awful prehopped kits when I bought them.

Second is, if all this wort is evaporating, how do you know when you are at 5 gallons in the brewpot? I don't want the smell of burning tape every time I fire up the turkey fryer to brew. Do you just go by the fill line on your carboys (which I still haven't made...oops)?

Either way, I'm trying this out all because of this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/if-full-boil-possible-do-89826/.

Also, can anybody point me towards the most affordable DIY Immersion Chiller, seems pretty necessary unless I plan to over-evaporate and add ice, which I really don't know would be sanitized.

As far as immersion chiller is concerned, here is a video from HBT member Bobby M on how to assemble one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back