Going with a theme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I've got the idea of labeling each of my meads with a Norse rune (being of that descent myself). Runes, as you may know, each have meanings, not unlike Tarot cards.

So here's the first label in that series. It's for a blackberry-vanilla mead. (Yes, I know that's really a melomel, but I stubbornly call all my "honey wines" mead.) The idea is that the powers attributed to the particular rune appear behind that rune, as does the flavor.

Thoughts?

FehuLabel.jpg

Awsome!!!

Will the color of the rune correspond to the type of flavoring...It looked the the shade of "red" you chose actually looked the color of something blackberry.

Revvy said:
Awsome!!!

Will the color of the rune correspond to the type of flavoring...It looked the the shade of "red" you chose actually looked the color of something blackberry.

That was my initial thought, but it's not working out in practice, most meads being pale yellow. :) For that reason, I may just do them all in blackberry-red. Or I may color match when able, and use something like a rich navy blue for the light-toned batches.

Back