Going to Shiner TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG680

Reaction score
For the first time this year me and SWMBO are off on a week day togher so she saide "lets go to the Shiner brewery!" I know it is the Spoetzl brewery,but she knows it only as the city name. I am so happy. It is the 100 year celebration, so it will be fun. Also need to get some things for the man cave.... What a good Friday i am going to have.:ban:

Sounds like fun! When you are done at the brewery, go check out Howard's. From the brewery, go to the stop light and turn right. It's a little way's down, on the right - the free-standing convenience store/gas station. They have draught beer and a great little biergarten in the back.

Howard_s_-_Fun.jpg

TL

Is Antiques, Art, and Beer still open? Nice place to stop as well. Fairly unique.

On some week day nights there is live music in the area.... ole Moulton bank, Mama's Pizza in Schulenburg ... Ask around.

I played quarters on the bar in the brewery for about 2 hours one afternoon. I think we were supposed to get 1 or 2 samples, but I must have had about 30.

Well, I did go and I had a blast. It cost me a bit. I loaded up on Shiner Gear and things for my Man Cave. Thanks for the input, I made a whole day of it there.

Back