Going to Destin Florida next week. What do you recommend I try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an Irish brew pub in destin called mcguires with an upstairs patio bar over looking the beach and the bay pretty phenomenal this time of year to be there as the sun sets. Beer is good food is real good.

Cigar city is in Tampa it's a long way I was living in the destin area until early 2012 and u had to get closer to Tampa to see there brews but that could have changed and they do make great beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you are going to Destin There are several must dos. You have got to go to the original Dewey Destins down on Calhoun Ave for some seafood. Try their catch of the day, shrimp, or royal reds. Then there is McGuires Irish Pub. Their steaks, Prime Rib and BBQ ribs are all very good plus they have about half a dozen of their own brews :Do:D choose from that they make rig:D:D there on site. You also have to Check out Harbor Docks. Restaurants, stores and charter boats galore. Have a good trip. :)

There's an Irish brew pub in destin called mcguires with an upstairs patio bar over looking the beach and the bay pretty phenomenal this time of year to be there as the sun sets. Beer is good food is real good.

Cigar city is in Tampa it's a long way I was living in the destin area until early 2012 and u had to get closer to Tampa to see there brews but that could have changed and they do make great beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

+1

Sadly not too much other than McGuire's in that area. I was stationed at Eglin AFB for a couple years and we would usually drive out to Pensacola (about an hour west of Destin) to go to places like World of Beer to get good beers. McGuire's does brew most of the beers served there in house and are pretty good, I think I probably liked the Irish Red best. If you want a mixed drink try the Irish Wake... Serves in a quart size mason jar it's green, tastes a bit like pineapple and chocked full of alcohol. The menu says limit 2 per person, but so long as you aren't sloppy drunk they'll keep bringing them... I think the record was 8, but I lost track around 5, so that's just what I was told the next day ;)

Edit: also, Carmen listed a few, but there are some great places to go/see/eat. Spots are all pretty well known and it's a big tourist town, so just ask around and you'll be pointed in the right direction.

Chans wine world near publix Destin Brand new beer bar, rare stuff. Beautiful spot, no advertising whatsoever. It's called "The Craft Bar". Every beer lover should see this.

There is a brewery in Santa Rosa Beach about 20-25 min from Destin.
http://30a.com/grayton-beer-launches-new-beers/

Last time I was down there they did not have the tap room complete but you can find their beers locally. There are a couple bottle shops that have a great beer selection. I think one is Wine World. On a non beer note check out highway 30A its a quaint strip that is about 30 miles long with lots of cool developments and old real estate (no high rises). Particularly Watercolor and Seaside where riding bikes is alot of fun.

There is a brewery in Santa Rosa Beach about 20-25 min from Destin.
http://30a.com/grayton-beer-launches-new-beers/

Last time I was down there they did not have the tap room complete but you can find their beers locally. There are a couple bottle shops that have a great beer selection. I think one is Wine World. On a non beer note check out highway 30A its a quaint strip that is about 30 miles long with lots of cool developments and old real estate (no high rises). Particularly Watercolor and Seaside where riding bikes is alot of fun.

If you have time to venture on over to Pensacola,visit Pensacola Brewery in the old historic district it's got decent brews that they brew for distribution within the area. Props in Ft Walton is not to bad either. And as previously mentioned , Macguires and Wine world are both worth the visit. I doubt Idyll Hounds a very new brewery that is just getting up and running is operational yet but they welcome visitors and give tours of what will be what when they are full up and ready to go. They too are on 30A.

At Meguires now. It's amazing! That's all for the recommendations. Anyone been on any good fishing excursions we are trying to go Tuesday :)

Amazing red!

1405299917899.jpg

Yes it's been great, today is our last day, only place we haven't hit up is Dewey's but may go there today

Might be a mexican immigrant child tunneling under the texas border. I've been seeing more and more of that in the news. Went too far and popped up in the panhandle?

"Pismoe beach and ALLLLL the pineapple you can eat. Ehhh, I think I took a wrong toyne at Albekoyqie."

Back