Going to Baltimore, Good Beer There?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
I'm heading up to Baltimore for a few days next weekend for work. Are there any beers I just have to try before leaving? Or any good breweries around the inner harbor area?

I've never been there so any advice would be appreciated.

If you're in the inner Harbor, the only brewery I know of that is down there is DuClaw. Not bad, but not great beers.

You're better off hitting Max's on Broadway which has a huge selection of beers and a good 20+ taps in the downstairs bar.

Here's a site with all the local breweries and addresses. Brewer's Art is a good place for Belgians, both brewed locally and imported.

Thanks for the info. I'm not even getting my own car so I'll see how persuasive I can be to check out a couple places.

I like drinking in Canton, and the sweet meat market is Power Plant Live!

Be sure to visit Max's Taphouse on Broadway. December 07 issue of BearAdvocate rates Max's #17 of the top 25 American Beer Bars. It just a short cab ride from the Inner Harbor.

bigjohnmilford said:
Thanks for the info. Another reason to like Delaware besides Dover. :mug:

Yeah really, the only time I've been to Delaware was for DFH. Sorry anyone who lives there :)

No, Delaware sucks so bad, it's better than Jersey, but still is teh suck

98EXL said:
No, Delaware sucks so bad, it's better than Jersey, but still is teh suck

Yeah Jersey sucks. There's so much less going on than Delaware and I hate how close I am to Manhattan ;)

Soulive said:
Try your best to hit the Wharf Rat. Their stuff is very, very good IMO...

I would also suggest the Wharf Rat! Great beers and great people! Loved DuClaw as well. Inner Harbor is a bit touristy, Capital City brewing is located there. Beer was decent but service was horrible.

I highly recommend hitting Felles Point, there are so many good bars there with good beers you can't go wrong!

Back