Going Pro!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
No, not me. Someone from near me that I know has been in talks with a local restaurant who wants to expand their building and add a Brewpub! I'm really pretty geeked, because;

A) New brewpub!
B) This guy is a VERY good homebrewer and I think really understands recipe formulation and technique. He's won MANY awards in MANY competitions.

So if you live near Big Rapids, keep your eyes open for a remodeling project. You know how these things go, so it might be later rather than later, but hope is on the horizon! (And there goes my wallet!)

I hope he lets me stop by and help out on occasion when it gets rolling.

You're kidding, right?

In Big Rapids? Can't wait. My parents are breaking ground soon on their retirement home in Mecosta County (on Tulleymore in the Canadian Lakes area)

Definitely keep me posted!

What I know right now is that they are adding on to the building, and are in the EPA paperwork stage. They've been working on this for a year or so, and with input from the potential brewer, have modified the plans somewhat and it sounds like it could be a pretty decent place. I don't know what kind of system they will be putting in.

One of the guys who works here is pretty good friends with the prospective brewer and it sounds like he might appreciate a little help with the "mundane" tasks to start with while he focuses on figuring out the system and tweaking recipes. I'm anxious to get my feet wet, so to speak (or not since I don't have rubber boots...). Anything to help get a decent brewpub in the area.

I can feel my wallet getting lighter already!

Keep us posted, I drive through reed city a couple of times a year during the summer to see my parents in ludington. I few miles off course for some good brews sounds good to me.

What I know right now is that they are adding on to the building, and are in the EPA paperwork stage. They've been working on this for a year or so, and with input from the potential brewer, have modified the plans somewhat and it sounds like it could be a pretty decent place. I don't know what kind of system they will be putting in.

One of the guys who works here is pretty good friends with the prospective brewer and it sounds like he might appreciate a little help with the "mundane" tasks to start with while he focuses on figuring out the system and tweaking recipes. I'm anxious to get my feet wet, so to speak (or not since I don't have rubber boots...). Anything to help get a decent brewpub in the area.

BTW, this is a new place in addition to the Blue Cow Cafe or is this the place, potentially?

Sounds like fun!

I gave up on the Blue Cow. I had high hopes, but for me their beer is simply just not making it. I'll still try it on occasion, and not all of it is "bad", but there is a continuing off flavor that makes it not very enjoyable IMO. I've heard that the water there is not real good without treatment.

It's a different place this time.

I'd love to help out, but I don't see assistant brewer in my future there. I just think it would be cool to get in on the action and help out. See how a different system works and just be able to say, "Hey, I helped in making a delicious beer that people will enjoy drinking." You know, without the responsibility part??

I think the brewer will have several people willing to help out at the start. And probably one or more would be interested in working there officially.

I'd love to help out, but I don't see assistant brewer in my future there. I just think it would be cool to get in on the action and help out. See how a different system works and just be able to say, "Hey, I helped in making a delicious beer that people will enjoy drinking." You know, without the responsibility part??

I am pretty sure every brewer needs an army of monkey servants to help with things like shoveling out the mash tun or washing kegs on their days off!

:p

Sorry. About my age, but I grew up in a nearby town. I've lived here about 20 years, but until recently (kids being in school) I haven't been that social.

Back