Going from 1 vessel ebiab RIMS to 2 vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl_Grey

Reaction score
So right now my method for brewing is to full volume mash in a bag in a keggle with constant temp recirculation, lift the bag out and drain and continue, no sparge.

I am in the process of changing the system and lifting the bag out will no longer be an option however I still want to use the keggle to mash in with the RIMS tube.

In this setup is it preferred to still do full volume mashes and just pump the wort to the kettle? Do you still need to lift the bag out a little to get it to drain and get the most efficiency? With the keggle being concave, theres some pooling at the bottom thats hard to get to unless you tilt, etc.

So whats your brew day look like with a 2 vessel rims system?

If you are going to a two vessel, I would either pump or gravity feed to the BK and sparge for best efficiency.

If you have a couple of used fermentation buckets, you can transfer sparge water from your kettle and use the other to collect wort. Also, you can use a cooler with a bag as a mash tun, allowing you to batch sparge....From a time prospective, this process will add an extra hour compared to BIAB and cleanup isn't much more....

-Joe

Back