Going commercial and looking for advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

DragonsLair

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting licensed to sell the wine and mead I make. I am currently making all my stuff in 5 - 6 gallon batches. I picked up a couple of 55 gallon drums from my local beer/wine supplier the other day to use as primaries so I can run a batch of wine and a batch of mead at the same time.

My question is, do I simply multiply all my chemistry accordingly or is it not necessary to increase all the chemicals the same?

EoinMag

Reaction score
I'd have thought you'd need to do a few tried and tested runs before wanting to go commercial with this.

OP
DragonsLair

DragonsLair

Reaction score
I'd have thought you'd need to do a few tried and tested runs before wanting to go commercial with this.
You are right. Most of my 5 gal batches to date have been pretty awesome (so I'm told). I want to get my math right before I start to sell so I intend to run a few 50 gal batches.

OP
DragonsLair

DragonsLair

Reaction score
Go to winemakingtalk.com and talk to a guy named Luc. He seems to know eveything wine.
Thanx Mc. I have talked with him before and I agree. He seems to be a fount of wine making knowledge. I'll query over there as well.