Go Try the 200 Meter @ ECB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svudah

Reaction score
This is for any Eugene, OR boardies out there: the 200 Meter IPA on tap at Eugene City Brewery is just about as much perfection as one could ask for.

I've been a fan of the "Two Hondo" for a couple of years now, so I'm speaking from a position of experience that anyone who likes a good IPA that's not shy on the Amarillos should go down to the pub. With ECB's old brewer leaving to start his own superb operation in Springfield, the 200 Meter has suffered from the inconsistencies of unfamiliar brewers. It has, in fact, been brewed for several months by Rogue. Scott, ECB's brand spankin' new brewer has really nailed the old 200 and it is truly something to behold.:mug:

As far as my understanding goes, the Honey Orange Wheat is mainly brewed in homage of a former West Brothers recipe that Rogue decided to continue when they took over. I see the college crowds drinking it up, but regulars don't go near it. But, then none of the regulars drink dead guy either.

I mainly bought it because I saw it at the store and I'm brewing a wheat ale next and was doing some research.

I've only been into the pub once. A couple weeks ago I went in for there spring cleaning and bought a case of Rogue Imperial Porter. I need to make it back there, it looked like they had a nice selection on tap.

I've had the 200 quite a few times. It's not too shabby.

Ninkasi - Total Domination. That's a good beer.

Back