Glutenberg GF beer review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legume

Reaction score
I found a GF beer today that I have never tried.
Cost Plus world market now carries 4 of Glutenberg's beers (at least at this particular store they do)
I bought a red ale and an IPA.

I am drinking the red as we speak, it is made from buckwheat, millet, molassis, chestnuts, candi syrup and quinoa.
It is a very nice beer, well balanced; one of the better GF beers I have tried.
My non celiac beer loving wife, said she would not have known that it is gluten free.

This gets a thumbs up, I will buy it again.
This is the first GF beer to be distributed in my area that is worth buying (I have had other good beers but none that I can buy locally).

20150226_164704.jpg

Lucky. I have to drive 2 hours away to buy those. Overall, they aren't bad. I liked Glutenberg's pale ale the most. I could drink a few of those. Too bad they are too pricey for me as a regular drink.

I thought the roast was a bit harsh in the red ale. Like they went with a real dark roast malt rather than a chocolate malt. Also, a bit mineral-y. That's the molasses.

Good to see the market expanding. Maybe one day Glutenberg will release a bourbon barrel aged RIS. Crossing my fingers...

Back