Glassware?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's odd. why would they put .3 liter and 16 oz.

which one is it? I would say .3 liter unless that is a giant cup... 16 oz is a good amount of liquid.

.3 liter fill line, ~16 oz to the top. They more or less say that in the description.

you can also check out Cost Plus World Market if you have one in your area. They tend to have a broad selection. Also, the British pints with the bulge are called "nonics."

As for me, I get a kick drinking out of my vintage PBR, Schlitz & Hamm's goblets that I have from my grandmother's house. I also really like a nice non-flared tulip glass as well.

I got a few on ebay. And don't be afraid to ask your local bars, I've gotten a few by asking. Tip the bartender enough and they'll say something like "I didn't say this, but if you can leave with it, no one's gonna notice..."

ooooh those are pretty Bass-a-Roo. I really like the skinny style glasses. I want to say they are german? Edwort in his Haus ale recipe shows his beer in one, and I think its very elegant.

I've just now started to accumulate a few glasses, though my collection is rather unimpressive. Just last weekend I found a guy on Craigslist selling various glasses for $2 a pop. I found several nice Guinness glasses in that bunch.

If anyone in the Charlotte, N.C. area is still looking, I can pass along his info.

Not long ago, Food Lion (grocery store in N.C.) was selling these Guinness combo packs for $5.99. They included two Guinness pint glasses and two cans of Guinness. Not a bad deal at all.

My next purchase will be just a plain dimple mug.

hands down my favorite beer glass, good beer too.
http://stores.allaccesstoday.com/s-78-barware.aspx?skinid=34
(online store of Trumer Pils)

Wow, that takes me back.

When I was 21 and not at all into craft brews, we were having some of those at a local pizza joint in those very glasses. The glasses felt so thin that I proclaimed, "I feel like I could break this just by squeezing it."

My friends, egging me on, maintained that there was no way I could shatter it just by squeezing it.

Now, I wasn't even trying to shatter it, but I applied just a little more pressure until the glass burst into hundreds of tiny pieces, many of them flying over toward the bar. The sound got the attention of everyone in the restaurant, and soon a manager was over to the table to check out my bleeding hand and collect $5 for the broken glass.

Boy, we do some stupid things when we first start drinking. Rest assured I can now appreciate the barware and the beverage.

Walmart has these 20 oz hard polycarbonate tumblers, they're awesome. They feel just like glass in your hand and they're super hard -- they won't chip or break either. They're only like $2.49 apiece.

I've got all the regular types of glasswear you'd expect, pils glasses, pints, beer mugs, etc... but from now on I'm only getting these. They don't break at all even if you drop them and plus they hold more beer so less trips to the keg for my wife.

When my glass glasses break, I'm replacing them with these. They look just like a regular pint sized beer glass only bigger and they're indestructible.

They've had some hardware problems, sure, but this instance has nothing to do with them. I really don't like the layout of their forums, either, but that's a whole different subject.

I forget the name of the package this forum uses, but it is free for non commercial use and seems to be heads and shoulders above the free alternatives that are everywhere. You get what you pay for? In this case I say yes and I use a lot of free software.

Wow, that takes me back.

When I was 21 and not at all into craft brews, we were having some of those at a local pizza joint in those very glasses. The glasses felt so thin that I proclaimed, "I feel like I could break this just by squeezing it."

My friends, egging me on, maintained that there was no way I could shatter it just by squeezing it.

Now, I wasn't even trying to shatter it, but I applied just a little more pressure until the glass burst into hundreds of tiny pieces, many of them flying over toward the bar. The sound got the attention of everyone in the restaurant, and soon a manager was over to the table to check out my bleeding hand and collect $5 for the broken glass.

Boy, we do some stupid things when we first start drinking. Rest assured I can now appreciate the barware and the beverage.

ummm he should have given you free food .... Putting out dangerous glasswear...;)

I got some nice Heff glasses at BBB last year 9.99 for a 4 pack. And some 16oz Pub beer glasses 12 ea for 9.99.

Now that I'm brewing a Belgian, I think I'll see if I can find some nice Brandy snifters somewhere cheap to try.

Glasses make a big difference in the presentation... IMO.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back