Glass/plastic tubing for inline aeration stone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugaboo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for glass or plastic tubing that will withstand boiling temps and is 1/2 npt or will fit 1/2 compression fitting(perhaps a sight glass tube). Would like to be able to pump hot wort over everything for last twenty minutes of boil for sanitation. Haven't looked too hard yet. Does this exist?

I've got high temp silicone tubing with qd's now. Maybe aeration bubble can be seen through those.

Are you running air or oxygen? If it's just air, you may not need to see bubbles as you really can't overdo it with straight air. I could see wanting to see the flow of O2 though.

yeah you only need a short blast with O2.. i do like 30 seconds and i've always had good results.. the silicone would be fine for the high temps, though my pump sometimes struggles when trying to recirc with boiling wort

You might look at attaching a medical O2 regulator in-line or even just a flow meter. That way, you can just set whatever flow you want for whatever time you want and don't need to see bubbles.

yeah you only need a short blast with O2.. i do like 30 seconds and i've always had good results.. the silicone would be fine for the high temps, though my pump sometimes struggles when trying to recirc with boiling wort

Ditto on the pump problems at boiling temp. Used to think I had hop debris making my pump run poorly at boiling, but I'm sure it's just the temperature now

What's a flow meter cost? Got a website for one?

The ones I made were 3/4" npt and made out of polycarbonate.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/3-4-mpt-6-long-sightglass-tubes-fs-284618/

6inSightTubeAerator.jpg

You could get some 1/2" polycarbonate and use compression fittings or get the 3/4" and adapters to go down to 1/2"

Back