Glass Containers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrbaugh

Reaction score
I learned something this evening I already knew. If you put a glass container on an electric stove element, even on low, the glass can/will crack and the contents will spill all in your stove and across your floor. Especially if the bottom of the container is full of honey that didn't dissolve well.

Basically, the must was kinda chilly and I was being impatient, trying to heat it up five or ten degrees so I could add the yeast before I went to bed.

Instead I got to clean up several pounds of honey that was in my stove and somehow leaked into the oven.

Anyone else have any lessons in stupidity to share?

Not yet, even though as I type, I have several bottles of very dry JAOM that I carbonated a bit heavy sitting on my kitchen counter. I am waiting for them to fully carbonate before I either A: Refrigerate or B: Try to pasteurize

Pasteurizing may or may not be the right answer...I don't know. I just know you shouldn't put it directly onto heat. Any other question is a little out of my expertise.

Back