Glacier hops and European Ale yeast WLP011?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hexmonkey

Reaction score
I have 3 oz extra Glacier hops and a vial of WLP011 due to a mistake in an order I placed a few months ago. I'm hoping I can use them both in the same recipe.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding recipes that use either one, and I'm not quite at the point where I feel comfortable just subbing into any old recipe...any suggestions which direction I should be heading?

I have 3 oz extra Glacier hops and a vial of WLP011 due to a mistake in an order I placed a few months ago. I'm hoping I can use them both in the same recipe.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding recipes that use either one, and I'm not quite at the point where I feel comfortable just subbing into any old recipe...any suggestions which direction I should be heading?

I would look for a English bitter recipe that uses fuggles for the hops and substitute the glacier. You will probably have to make some slight adjustment to get the correct IBU's. The yeast you have should work well for this also.
Good luck,

Try an ESB, maybe a Red Hook clone.

Possible Substitutions from Brew-Monkey, Willamette, US Fuggle, US Tettnang, Styrian Golding

I wound up using this finally, and used up some other ingredients I had laying around, though I still have a few ounces of Glacier to use up.

Not sure what to call this, other than maybe "Mulligan Stew"?
Style-wise it's close to blonde ale.

6 lbs of Northern Brewer's Gold LME
1 lb Honey
24g Glacier @ 60min
5g Sterling @ 15min
WLP011 European Ale

I calculated it out at about 25 IBU and 5 SRM, O.G. should be 1.050

I'll report back when it's finished, on how it came out.

Back