giveaway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickThoR

Reaction score
Anyone else staring at the clock waiting for there late christmas present?? Im ready for my conical!!

Noooooooooooooooo!!! I already cleared out the extra room and instaled a walk in temperature control unit for it!!!!!

man, it didn't look like no 2000 names in that fish tank...
It was rigger I tell ya.

Work blocked and flash only site (lousy iphone) kept me from knowing what happened. Anybody want to fill me in?

Edit, nevermind, tex just posted...

rtt121 prepare yourself

prepareuranus.jpg

If it was rigged, how come I've never heard of any of these winners?! One winner I can't find anywhere on HBT, the other five have a combined total of 401 posts. Wow. I never signed up for the contest, so I ain't complaining in the least... but wow. Would have been nice to see someone that really had contributed to this forum over the years have a little better luck.

EDIT: Found the other guy, he has 215 posts for a grand total of 615 for the six winners. Meh, that was a good month for me back in the day.

If it was rigged, how come I've never heard of any of these winners?! One winner I can't find anywhere on HBT, the other five have a combined total of 401 posts. Wow. I never signed up for the contest, so I ain't complaining in the least... but wow. Would have been nice to see someone that really had contributed to this forum over the years have a little better luck.

EDIT: Found the other guy, he has 215 posts for a grand total of 615 for the six winners. Meh, that was a good month for me back in the day.

yep, but this is the case everytime they do these drawings so we ought to get used to it. Nobody that actually contributes back to the forum (paying members or hell, even members who anyone actually recognizes) ever wins. But we are all just whining because we didn't win, so we should just get over it. We knew the rules that it applied to everyone regardless of account activity when we took the whopping 10 minutes of our time to register and post 5 message.

Well, yeah, I ain't bitchin'. I never bothered to register for the contest or do any of that, so I ain't got a dog in the fight. Just would have been nice if a "regular" at least won something.

Well, yeah, I ain't bitchin'. I never bothered to register for the contest or do any of that, so I ain't got a dog in the fight. Just would have been nice if a "regular" at least won something.

I 100% agree, but you can't expect Tx to be able to sort through all the entries and pick who he might feel is a regular.

Well, that would be even more unfair.

Can't you just let me feel empathetic towards folks like you, who entered and HAVE been long-time contributing members, without lecturing me about it? ;)

I can't believe I won the fermenter. I have never been this excited.

I apologize for inadvertantly pissing people off. For what its worth its going to a good home, I have full temperature control on three refridgerators and one has a new name "conical fridge".

Also, I have turned at least 15 people on to this website via my homebrew club. So I do feel I contributed.

Regarding post count, I only post to learn or help, so I dont post "fluff". Also I AM a premium member.

Congrats Rtt!! Dont let em get you down.

Regarding post count, I only post to learn or help, so I dont post "fluff". Also I AM a premium member.

The fact a Premium member won it is sweet. Regardless of your post count your a premium member and that alone shows your contributing.

Enjoy it man.

I apologize for inadvertantly pissing people off. For what its worth its going to a good home, I have full temperature control on three refridgerators and one has a new name "conical fridge".

Also, I have turned at least 15 people on to this website via my homebrew club. So I do feel I contributed.

Congrats dude I'm happy for ya :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Use it in good health and pics of its new home full of wort and such will make alot of us feel better or if your gonna eBay it or CL it let us know first! LOL

Seeing two of the 6 people win didn't bother me at all, and you were one of them. I don't care if someone had 100 or 10000 posts as long as they were active I didn't care. Supporting member is a plus too. Granted I would have rathered it been me though :D.

Congrats! Put it to good use and make sure to post pictures.

well hopefully the others have yet to claim there prizes so maybe we can have a shot at some paddles or the thermapen!

I apologize for inadvertantly pissing people off.

Congrats. As far as I'm concerned, it's all in good fun. But for the ones that are truly upset, rule 1 of the brewer's code: "Don't be a Dick".

Enjoy the conical.

It is good to see a Premium Supporter won it. Despite post count or presence around here, your financial support and support for bringing in new members makes you a prime candidate for the prize. Congrats and enjoy.

got my glasses..

ingenious packing material (cross cut paper shredder waste) box was thoroughly flogged and glasses were perfectly fine.

Slainte:mug:

My wife says the other day, "I forgot I still have a present for you in the closet!"

So she pulls out a chalk board with a beer logo on it that I can use as a "What's pouring" sign in my room. Sweet!

got my glasses..

ingenious packing material (cross cut paper shredder waste) box was thoroughly flogged and glasses were perfectly fine.

Slainte:mug:

Recycle reduce reuse.

Glad you got them.

Composting here too! I left my tumbler open the other night by mistake and now most of my worms are dead. I am sooo disappointed! I know they will breed again because I can hear them ever so faintly doing their job.

The year I made my peach melba mead, those were some happy worms! I had great compost that year!

Latest posts

Back