Give me some Downtown Portland, OR Brewpub recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmbrewernw

Reaction score
I know I Know I'm pathetic but I don't get up to Portland that much, I have only been two a few brewpubs up in Portland and none in downtown. Anyway I'm meeting some friends downtown tomorrow night and I want to find a place with good food, beer, and atmosphere. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :D

Tugboat?? Yikes.

Depending on your tastes, it can lead alot of different places.
IN downtown area, there's Henry's (great tap line up, and great happy hour menu), Higgin's (great Belgian bottle selection, even more impressive menu), The Pilsner Room (FullSail, another great happy hour menu), There's the Rogue, Bridgeport, Lucky Lab is not far away fro downtown. I do suggest taking a look at the Beer map linked above.

Yeah I think I would like the Tugboat but some of the friends I'm meeting I'm not too sure. I want to edge on the safe side I might actually go out to the east side I'm thinking HopWorks could be cool or Alameda.

Ah yes, ifyou're venturing out of the downtown area, Hopworks is great. A bit north from there is Amnesia, One of my favorites. Widmer Gast Haus is withing walking distance, as is White Eagle, Fifth Quadrent. Over near Alameda, is the Concordia Ale house (incredible burgers), Also near Alameda is Laurelwood.

Back