Quantcast

Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Not too shabby. I'm usually anti-commercial when it comes to rubs/sauces; I prefer to make my own...but that Dizzy Pig site has piqued my interest:) Are you making top-notch Q with those rubs or are they closer to Mrs. Dash?

OP
EdWort

EdWort

Reaction score
Top Notch stuff. I've known the guy who own's Dizzy Pig for years, and he is a champion BBQ'r.

His stuff simply ROCKs!

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
On another note, we went to the "Ribfest" last year in Indianapolis (BBQ restaurants came from all over the US, it wasn't a local deal), and if I could sum it up in one word, it would be: "Whack". They had these oversized monstrosities of stands, kinda like the outside of a carnival game....they were all adorned by the obscure awards they had won nationwide, etc. The Q was astronomically expensive, like $10 for a pulled pork sandwich. The food itself was really sub-par. I saw several stands simply grilling ribs...no low+slow whatsoever (maybe I'm wrong though and you can make championship ribs that way). The flavors in most of what I sampled was pretty bland, and these places were hawking their sauces like crazy. I'm not being a snob, I just got a bad taste in my mouth for some of the Q joints that sell rubs/sauces, I guess.

OP
EdWort

EdWort

Reaction score
I'm a BBQ snob. I would not have spent 10 bucks on a sandwich that I could not get a sample of the Q first. I make better Q than most joints I've been to, kinda like I prepare steaks better than most restaurants.

OP
EdWort

EdWort

Reaction score
Man, these were awesome!

Freshly marinated chicken breasts on the grill.

Looking good! They tasted even better!