Ginger beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustrianBrewer

Reaction score
For my next brew I plan on making a ginger beer following the following YouTube recipe:

http://youtu.be/h7OG1y38a10

My question relates to the malt. The video shows using 2kg white malt extract which is actually 2kg beer enhancer being used by the looks of it. The exact 'Geordie' brand I cannot source.

Should I use 2kg of light spray malt? Or should I use 2kg of 'Muntons beer kit enhancer' I can source.

Any further explanations of the difference between spray malt and enhancer would be appreciated.

As an aside, in case you actually took the 2-3 minutes to look at this recipe, I assume the bottling process would still require brewing sugar to carbonate the bottles the same as beer? The second video has not been made....

Otherwise, any thoughts on this recipe?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Interesting vid, but the poor schmuck never followed up with the bottling video, nor answered many persons questions. Any unhopped malt should work.
Yes, the bottling process requires additional sugar, adding and mixed in just prior to bottling (unless you use carb drops.
As for recipe, whew, that's a lot of ginger. It calls for champagne yeast, so expect a very dry "beer".

More the malt I am interested in... Spray dried or malt extract enhancer as he uses in the vid, or does it not matter too much?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back