gifts for wine maker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muggs

Reaction score
My dad just started making his own wine. I'd like to get him a Christmas gift that is related to wine making and thought you guys could give me some ideas. So, what is a good gift for someone new to wine making?

Depends on what your price range is - and where he is at in the process/what he could use most moving forward..... I just started making wine recently and have made many afternoon stops at the supply store and online shopping/building my supplies..... A couple ideas that popped into my head as possibilities:

- a basket of supplies, ie: K-meta, Sorbate, Tannin, Acid Blend -- those little things that are used and good on the shelf (like a chef's spice cabinet)
- Kit of a wine he likes, or one he may want to try making (if he makes kits)
- New Carboy so he can start another batch
- All-In-One-Wine Pump - probably my best investment after my initial kit of supplies.

Gift card and let him get what he needs/wants. I know its the thought but seems whenever somebody tries to get me brew related stuff its nothing I need or want. Bet I got more beer mugs than all the bars in town combined, that and Budweiser t shirts.

I was actually looking at the all in one wine pump already. It's at the high end of what I was looking to spend, but it seems like it's worth the money. I think that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks for your help guys!

Back