Gift Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdaza

Reaction score
I am looking for some gift ideas for my father – he has been home brewing (beer and wine) for about 2 years. He seems to have all the basic tools - any ideas for unique – off color – home brewing gifts?

I have helped him quite a bit, so I know the basics – although I seem to be much better at drinking homebrew than making it...

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks all!
- D

He uses grain, although I know he doesn't make his own malt (buys it from the brew store).

A grain mill would be a great gift if he doesn't have one. Pricey, though. Perhaps a gift card to his favorite homebrew shop or online supplier.

Have you thought about having brewery/winery labels or custom bottle caps made? That would make for a very personal gift that he would be sure to appreciate.

Chad

Does he like to make hoppy beers?
A bulk order (pound or so) of hops would be pretty sweet. (this is what I am asking for:))

There's a gift-giving theory that goes something like this "never give a hobbyist or expert a gift in his line of expertise" ... in other words, don't give a photographer lenses and film ... never give a hunter guns or bows and arrows ... dont get a painter palletes and paints. You're most likely to be met with a pleasant smile and gratitude while they secretly wonder if the thing can be returned.

For myself, family is DIScouraged from getting me ANY brew gift other than gift certificates to my favorite brew shop.

The problem with "off-color and unique" is ... they are probably unique and off-color for a reason.

I don't mean to be a scrooge about this ...well, wait, scrooge turned out ok.

Jesse17 said:
Does he have:
A keg system?
Wine thief?
Subscription to a homebrew magazine?
50 lbs sack of base malt?
Conical fermenter?

I think the keg system comes between the 50 lb sack and the conical fermenter on the "How much do you love him" scale.

Thanks everyone! there are some great ideas here - good starting spot for me.

Back