Ghost Pepper Capsicumel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solstice Meadery

Solstice Meadery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just racked my first capsicumel.

1G
2 Ghost Peppers
3 lg jalapenos
3 lg fire roasted jalapenos
4lbs wildflower
1 gallon water

Holy Hell is is hot! But OMFG is it good. Finished .098 and I'm actually seriously considering not back sweetening it, it was that good straight out of primary!

Anyone else ever try other peppers than just jalapenos?

I did roasted guajillo peppers in a bouchet that with the toasted marshmallow / toffee from the boiled honey turned out really well. The smokey slight heat was a great balance to the sweet.

I also did red pepper flakes in a citra hopped mead that is pretty darned good as well.

Will definitely experiment with peppers again. Thinking about roasting some jalapenos for a Lemon mead currently in primary. Last time I roasted jalapenos in the house the wife almost killed me. I guess I will have to fire up the grill after shoveling the snow off the deck. [emoji2957]

I'm an admitted pepperhead but that sounds delightful.

Not much of a meadmaker (can count on one hand) but I've done hellfire beers (star was a smoked porter w/ 1 bhut jolokia, 1 habanero, 1 serrano, and 1 jalapeno, per 1 gal).

Back