Getting started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMo

Reaction score
Looking at a 3 vessel Herms set up. Different thinks I like about different companies such as Blichmann, Spike, SS Brewtech and Stout. Any recommendations from anyone out there?

Thanks

The thread title is “getting started”. Are we to assume that you haven’t done any brewing yet? I ask because it’s pretty easy to put together a basic, all grain setup for a few hundred bucks; even less if you go with BIAB. A name brand, complete, 3 vessel system is nice but not necessary. If you’re upgrading from a basic, extract brewing, starter kit, the systems you’re considering make sense. If you’re truly starting out, with no previous experience, you might want to start with a more modest setup.

All of the basic tools and hardware needed to get started won’t go to waste if you decide to upgrade later. If you spend serious money on the type of system you’re considering and then decide homebrewing really isn’t your thing-well, someone is going to get a good deal on a lightly used home brewery.

I ask because it’s pretty easy to put together a basic, all grain setup for a few hundred bucks; even less if you go with BIAB. A name brand, complete, 3 vessel system is nice but not necessary.

i've been brewing with the same 10 gallon cooler, and 15 gallon pot for 16 years, still works fine for me....

i've been brewing with the same 10 gallon cooler, and 15 gallon pot for 16 years, still works fine for me....
Yeah. A person can take up brewing beer as a hobby, or make a hobby out of building a brewery, and maybe make some beer along the way. Either way is fine. Different strokes, and all like that.

Yeah. And dedication.

unfortunately, just too much free time.

i don't watch the news, but youtube told me...i'm going to have another check...stupid as it may be, i could blow it on putting gas in my car to drive up to montana to help on your farm! when's the next pea harvest? let me fill up my trunk, even deal! :mug:

or to keep things on topic, i could buy @PMo a three vesel system, and tell him he has to use it to keep me in beer, because i'm getting tired...and just noticed, Welcome PMo! :) :mug:

Latest posts

Back