Getting ready to brew an American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
this evening. First five gallons using the new supplies.....

Yep, getting all excited about getting it down with this one. Wanting to master the ales before moving over to the lagers and then onto the all grain beers.....

Hopefully by then I can create some of my own recipes using some different hops, yeasts, etc. and come up with a unique one of a kind beer that everyone will enjoy.

What recipe are you using? American Pale Ales are one of my favorite styles. In fact I brewed up an APA with Amarillo and Centennial hops yesterday.

I got the recipe from the store, but its also in one of the books I purchased.

6.0 lb CBW Golden Light Powder (Dry Malt Extract)
1.0 oz Centennial
1.0 oz Cascade
1.0 Cascade during secondary fermentation
Safale US-05 Yeast

If you want I'll type on the recipe and post it in the recipe section.....

Johnny,
I have no problem taking some pics, what type of pics are you wanting? Shots during the brewing process or the end product?

You tell me what you want to see and I'll git r done....

I cannot believe I actually said that LOL

Gotta keep myself busy since the video editing machine is busy creating some disks from a cutting show we shot last weekend.....some of this stuff just takes way too long to finish. I need to get a bigger machine and switch to avid software, but before I do I need a few kegs on ice.....

We have one of those large AB recycling bins my wife got when she worked there, going to use that for an ice chest for the kegs LOL Their logo and my beer.....gotta love it!

Sounds like a pretty solid recipe, Centennial and Cascade is a great combination. Have fun and let us know how it turns out.

dpalme said:
Johnny,
I have no problem taking some pics, what type of pics are you wanting? Shots during the brewing process or the end product?

You tell me what you want to see and I'll git r done....

I cannot believe I actually said that LOL

I love seeing people happy about brewing and the process they go through. Never gets old seeing it. My favorite pic is just after you pitch the yeast and of the first gravity reading. :)

I'll be taking pics prolly from the start all the way through and post them to my site and post a link.....

Back