Getting my feet wet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBOBxSAGETx

Reaction score
Okay I've been lurking around on Midwest supplies and see how they have starter kits. Now this is going to be my first attempt at brewing and I'm wondering if you guys think that's a good choice to start with a kit or select things out individually.

My palate is pretty HEAVY! I would like to brew DIPA's, Imperial stouts, Imperial Porters, pretty much all of the in your face brews! Can I do that with even the "Masters Plus" kit? I'm totally uneducated on what I need to do at this point but I want to buy the supplies so I have the motivation staring me in the face to get it going. Very excited to get this started. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Man that kit is no joke! Do you have an extra fridge? You will have everything you need to get started. The only thing I recommend is getting at least a 10 gal kettle. I got the 5 gal and wish I would've purchased a bigger one.

It's a big kit! I also have a studio and there's a saying that goes around.

"Buy cheap buy twice!"

No I don't have a fridge for the keg at the moment but I will buy one once I get started with the brewing!

I think it's a good idea to start off with a kit. Fewer variables and the equipment costs are less, just in case you decide you really aren't into it.

Any of those beers can be brewed with a simple equipment kit.

Good Luck

Back