Getting married today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Much to my astonishment, at 58 I'm getting married for the first time. Lest I be accused of cradle robbing, I must point out that her youngest graduated from high school last Spring. She has other non-obvious qualities, including an amazingly agile mind. If you knew what she paid for that laptop, you'd geek.

gwd.JPG

What the heck???? Dude, congratulations!!!!! It's not cradle robbing unless SHE graduated from high school last spring, and even then I'd just day watch the ticker. :D

So she must love dogs, right?

Mazel Tov!!!!!!!!

:mug:

Wow!!!!! Congrats! You've been pretty tight-lipped about the whole thing, but a couple of times you've referred to your girlfriend, so I knew there was someone special.

Best wishes and much happiness! :ban:

So she must love dogs, right?

Correct, she has two toy poodles and the fact that I also have two dogs was a major factor in her initial considerations. She doesn't do cats.

Whoooa there buddy. Slow down. Don't rush into it and make decisions too quickly. i mean you've still got what? A few deca........

All joking aside. Congratulations. Not on the getting married part but, on the waiting til' it felt right rather than getting hitched cause it's "the thing to do".

She looks like a keeper. Sounds like one too. And last but not least, she looks hot in a sports bra.

You should really consider getting A/C. :p

Smart women will ruin you!

When I was single. I had no idea what state my finances were in, and I liked it that way. Married a smart woman and now I know exactly how much I spend on brewing. It's a DISASTER!

(srsly, congrats!!)

Who the heck gets married on a Friday? :cross:

Or are you planning an all-weekend reception?

Congratulations.

Congratulations! I shall raise a glass. :mug:

When I was single. I had no idea what state my finances were in, and I liked it that way. Married a smart woman and now I know exactly how much I spend on brewing. It's a DISASTER!

Oh ignorance is bliss! I share your plight. :tank:

Is she aware that you have a massive virtual family?? can she cook? can I come over for dinner?
Congrats man! she must be one fantastic woman to get you down the asle at this point!
Best wishes to you both, we will be waiting right here for you when you are done playing newlywed!

good for you!

and with the raspberries, i've found they do best when you do very little to them, no pruning, weeding, etc.

Shotgun wedding?

Kidding...

Congrats on the nuptials!

No, we're having a Civil Ceremony, no guns. Weird as it may seem, she made this exact joke last week when I scheduled us with the Justice of the Peace.

This will be my third attempt with raspberries, but I have a neighbor that just planted 30 of them; so if those grow, I'll get some from the same place.

Much to my astonishment, at 58 I'm getting married for the first time. Lest I be accused of cradle robbing, I must point out that her youngest graduated from high school last Spring. She has other non-obvious qualities, including an amazingly agile mind. If you knew what she paid for that laptop, you'd geek.

gwd.JPG

Congrats, she's a nice catch for an old man! :p Did you tell her up front that you can't even grow hops or are you saving that bombshell for after the 1st year honeymoon period? :mug:

Back