Getting Married This Saturday! (9/6)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
I've been absent from HBT for the last month and feel like I've been away from home on a trip! I'm getting married this Saturday and things have just been busy as hell! On top of all the planning, I had my grandfather pass away a couple of weeks ago in east Texas. All of this has kept me from doing anything at all that isn't wedding (or funeral) related. I haven't brewed in a couple of months. I was planning to brew a Scotch Ale last weekend, but had no time. And I haven't posted to HBT since the end of July! That's the longest I have ever gone since I joined.:( I'm also extremely tardy in sending my 888 swap beers. I've addressed that here.

Anyhow, the big day is nearly here and it feels like my life is finally about to come back to Earth! The good news is, I'll be serving three of my homebrews at our reception.:) It was to have been an Oktoberfest and an Imperial Ale, but my fiancee decided to add a third beer - FermentEd's Chocolate Stout - to them menu. Who am I to argue? We're only having ~40 people for the reception. That's a lot of beer for 40 people!:D

We'll be spending the honeymoon next week in the UP, near Ahmeek, MI. I'll post again when we get home!

Cheers!:mug:

If you'll be going by Iron River, let me know and I'll PM you my phone number. We'd love to have you visit either here or out at the cottage!

PM sent! However, I don't know if we'll be near enough to you. We're spending Sunday night in Green Bay, then heading straight up 141 to check in to the B&B that afternoon. We'll be there until Friday, then head east across the Mackinac Bridge into 'mainland Michigan', then work our way south.

On a different note, I need to find some decent brewpubs near Ahmeek!

Congrats on the marriage. Just went that way myself!

And, I wish i could have brewed enough beer to supply our reception with, but i'm not up to snuff to satisfy 200 people yet i don't think.

Contrary to what people say, sex does NOT stop after marriage OR during pregnancy as long as you keep stoking the fire and you're a tremendous lover.

What was I here for?

Oh yeah, congratulations! Post pics of your beers at the wedding!

Congratulations!!!!!!! Have a great Honeymoon! Post pics!

SWMBO & I just celebrated our 23rd anniversary last Sunday. We went to Alamo Draft House :D

Congrats!! :mug: I just got married myself. Gave away all my homebrew, and my current two batches won't be drinkable until November... :( Hope you have a TON of homebrew, and be sure to leave about half of it back home!!

Second what DubbelDach said about teh secks. If anything it got better and more frequent :ban::drunk:

Congrats! Sounds like you and I have had a similar summer. I haven't ben posting much either. I just tied the knot last saturday (8/30) and have only brewed 2 batches all summer long. Just bottled my Alpha King clone last night and I'm tapping into my latest batch of dryhopped "5 Count IPA" on kickoff sunday. Its been sitting bottled since 6/30 and I've only snuck a few so far to see how it was doing, and was still a bit harsh.

THE GOOD NEWS is... I got a 10 gallon water cooler and a stainless steel burner as part of the wedding gifts. Guess I need to get on with getting my keg converted.

Have fun on the honeymoon, sounds awesome. We're going out to Portland and Seattle for a week in November for our trip so we're just chilling out for a while.

I suggest a near future beer outing Snizzle meetup to toast our nuptials. Drop me a PM after you get back and things settle down. Congrats to you both.

Congratulations!!!!!!! Have a great Honeymoon! Post pics!

You know, not knowing you so well I wasn't going to ask for pics of the honeymoon. But since EdWort already asked..... :D
And during the consummation of the vows, don't forget to throw in "and this one is for the homeys on the HBT"! :ban:

Seriously, congratulations!

Back