Getting in over my head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben_Persitz

Reaction score
I've been brewing for awhile, and just spent like $80 on my MLT.

I'm already in a few hundred bucks on my keg fridge and kegging setup, wort chiller etc.

Well today I bought a chest freezer. It's going in my dining room as a bar.

I'm going to paint it black, install a three faucet tower, buy two more kegs, a 3 way co2 manifold, build a force cooled fan system to keep it cold, and enjoy 3 beers on tap all the time.

I also have to buy a 8 gallon brew pot. Damn.

All in all I'm about to spend about $500 MORE on this hobby.

Uh oh.

I am with you, I just purchased a new brew kettle...although I am running out of stuff that is reasonable to buy...I doubt I'll ever be in the market for some $5k brew sculpture!

Hey now! You don't have to spend $5k to have a respectable sculpture/contraption. hehe. Its the ingenuity and frugal nature of the average homebrewer that I find most inspiring!

im with you, i started this hobby back up back in october... and im always looking at the next thing i can buy.. once the weather warms up, up here i have like 400 dollars in stuff that i would like to build in addition to the already spent 300 dollars on stuff, even before i get my kegging system complete.

Between brewing and making wine (just kits for the wine, but stuff like oak barrels for aging adds a lot of cost) I don't even wanna think about what I've "invested" in my hobsession.

I just finished a keezer, and working on making a MT. Everytime I order ingredients, I pick up a few parts that will (hopefully) enhance my brew day.

Back