Getting gift ideas for my birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEDIETZ

Reaction score
so my birthday is next month and I plan on upgrading a lot! First i want to improve on my yeast pitching. To help with that i want to get a stir plate. I brew 10 gallon batches and I split it into 2 6 gallon fermentors. So i need a plate big enough to get yeast ready for 2 - 5 gallong batches, or I need to get 2 small stir plates. I have considered building my own but I don't trust my wiring skills. Have you bought one and can you suggest something for me???

I also am going to incorportate 1 or 2 march pumps into my system. Suggestions on self priming or other pumps??

Lastly, I am going to be getting 3 new burners. Where can I get the most BTU's for my $$$.

Thanks everyone for suggestions. Once i get my presents!!!! i will take pictures of my new system to post!!

Let me know if you have any questions for me!

1. stir plate, but I say make your own. One plate with a 2L flask is good for most 10g batches. Use Mrmalty.com

2. pump

3.Burners. Two options this or this if you need a stand.

this or this if you don't.

P.S. I'm super jealous!

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome....thanks for the help!!!!! I think i like the 2nd burner with the stand....$80 isn't that bad and i only need 2!!!! Thanks again

Latest posts

Back