Getting drunk to help train cops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracked1

Reaction score
SWMBO works for a law enforcement department and signed us up to participate in a "liquid lab" last night. They provided all the booze and pizza, we just had to hang out with 6 other people and drink. Every once in a while they would have us blow to see where we were at. After 6 Jack & Cokes I felt like I wouldn't want to be behind the wheel but I only blew .064! Totally legal... Kind of scary when you think about the people out there who are dangerous but technically legal. After a few more drinks (9 Jack & Cokes total for me) we were taken in to a gym where officers waited in 7 groups of three. At that point they started taking turns administering field sobriety tests on us. They had to guess what our BAC was... I was at about a .096 and all the groups guessed between .090 and .10. Pretty good! I did pretty well at most of the tests (walking a line, holding one foot up and counting, estimating when 30 seconds have passed, etc...). But, my eyes always gave me away. I could feel them twitch and not be able to hold steady focus on a finger.

All in all, it was a fun night!

SWMBO works for a law enforcement department and signed us up to participate in a "liquid lab" last night. They provided all the booze and pizza, we just had to hang out with 6 other people and drink. Every once in a while they would have us blow to see where we were at. After 6 Jack & Cokes I felt like I wouldn't want to be behind the wheel but I only blew .064! Totally legal... Kind of scary when you think about the people out there who are dangerous but technically legal. After a few more drinks (9 Jack & Cokes total for me) we were taken in to a gym where officers waited in 7 groups of three. At that point they started taking turns administering field sobriety tests on us. They had to guess what our BAC was... I was at about a .096 and all the groups guessed between .090 and .10. Pretty good! I did pretty well at most of the tests (walking a line, holding one foot up and counting, estimating when 30 seconds have passed, etc...). But, my eyes always gave me away. I could feel them twitch and not be able to hold steady focus on a finger.

Wow! You must be a big guy. I only weigh 160lbs and would total blow over the limit after 3 beers. ( kinda of scary when I think about my behavior when I was younger!)

That sounds like a good time :) Did they drive everybody home after? Haha

That sounds like a good time :) Did they drive everybody home after? Haha

We did have to sign a paper stating that we would not drive after even if you were still under the limit. If you didn't have a ride set up they would figure out how to get you home. I was kind of disapointed that we already had a ride. It would have cracked me up to get dropped off drunk in a cruiser. I can imagine some of my more nosey neighbors gossiping...

That was one of the funnest trainings i ever did as a cop. Balanced out 6 people and you would have thought they were from sober to blitzed but they were all roughly .10 you could really see how so.e held their liquor and some couldn't.

I'm totally going to see if any of the cops in my town will do this! Free pizza and beer, and I get to learn exactly how much of a pu55y I am when it comes to drinking.

Officer, do you have any drunk tests coming up?

Well, I read online where you guys give away free pizza and free beer to train for identifying drunks, and I want to be a drunk!

Six jack and cokes and you only blew .067??? Yikes, good think you weren't paying for them. I bet they weren't very strong.

I need to ask some of my cop buddies if they have one of those coming up soon. It would be a hoot. Plus I would get to know how far gone I am based on the amount of drinks.
I do know that the local PD uses the booze they confiscate. So it would be the cheap stuff they take off of kids.

Six jack and cokes and you only blew .067??? Yikes, good think you weren't paying for them. I bet they weren't very strong.

They measured and kept track... One shot per mixed drink = 1 beer = 1 drink. A double shot mixed drink = two beers = two drinks. So no, they weren't as strong as I may have made them at home.

I did the Citizen's police academy here in SC. It was quite interesting.

Shortly after that ended, they offered to train cops with regular citizens for DUI's. Since we were on their mailing list, we were offered that.

I would have gone but the problem was that they were doing it in the middle of the day. Doh!

M_C

Back