Getting back into it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAPPOOL

Reaction score
I am not new at home brewing. I brewed about everything at one time or another but I got away from in back in 1998 (big mistake but other things in life kept me busy).
I am getting ready to get started again and what I need to know is this. When I was at it there was no internet and everything I ordered was from a catalog and by bulk. Now with the net I would like to know who has the best prices online for bulk items such as liquid malt extracts and yeasts, hops, etc.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I live in western Pa. so maybe vendors on the east coast would be better for shipping rates.
Thanks!

I order most of my supplies from Austin Homebrew and they have been excellent. I also ordered some supplies from Homebrewer's Outpost and MoreBeer and both were also excellent. I would compare prices at some of these sites mentioned for the particulars you want.

Is a Local Home Brewing Supply not an option? Or are you looking for bulk purchases/specialty items? I would imagine that PA has a few LHBS close enough to you that you wouldn't have to order online. Find one that does enough business and you're almost gauranteed fresh ingredients.

I would agree with that as well, I am not fortunate enough to have a lhbs where I live, though the local brewery sells some limited supplies for a reasonable price. So there's another option for you to explore, best of luck!

I order most of my ingredients from Rebel Brewer, Ritebrew, and Fiftypoundsack. Some odds and ends I get from a local store like fermenting buckets, tubing, caps, campden, etc.

I'm all about Austin Homebrew Supply. However they're like an hour and a half away from me so I get everything Uber fast and have had zero problems with their kits.

Thanks for all your input guys.You been a great help. When I was brewing 15-18 years ago I didn't have a tool like this forum available. I only had a few books and mags like Brew Your Own (I still have the first issues so that tells you how far back that goes). Thanks again.

Back