Getting a Job in the beer industry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogusOwnz

Reaction score
I'm thinking about figuring out how to work in the field whether it's for a brewery or my own. I live very close to chicago and have been flirting with the idea of taking some courses at Siebel Institute. Are their benefits to becoming certified as to being just self taught? Seems most breweries require a brewer to be accredited.

I just finished a brewtour of New Glarus this weekend and several of the key positions in the brewery: owner, head of quality control, brewmasters all attended either the UC Davis program in California or had a degree from Siebel Institute in Chicago. I think if you want credibility nationwide or even internationally a degree from Siebel is the equivalent in having a Master's degree. The labwork alone is probably worth the degree, plus the opportunity to complete the study abroad program in Germany. I live in Chicago and have been looking at courses as well. Good luck

Back