Getting a frig for fermenting, questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrawolverine

Reaction score
For fermentation. Mostly ales, maybe occasional lager. Many deals on craigslist to pass up. Simple standard frig, freezer on the top.

Was going to get a freezer, but only have space for a stand up frig at the moment.

Just getting a frig and a Johnson digital temp controller.

Still very new at brewing but I need room to ferment and a steady temperature place.

Is there anything else I need besides a frig, temp controller? A certain frig not preferred over another? Should I hold out for the freezer?

Thanks for any advice.

If you get a larger fridge you can fit more fermenters in it - get the largest one you can

I fermented in a stand up fridge for a bout two months before finding a 27 cubic foot freezer on craigslist that I can fit all my fermenters in at once and I no longer have to worry about a bottleneck in production.

hey running, are you fermenting same type of brew (ale or lager)? I'd love to have like 4 going, and freezer is the best way to go, but don't want to limit myself.

Forget it, I guess I can get a belt to warm up the ales if need be. Just thinking out loud.

Back