German Vacation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeraggie

Reaction score
Well, I booked my flight to Germany for Vacation. I will be going the last week of September. I am really wanting to go see as many different breweries as possible. I am flying into Frankfurt and then going down to Munich. Anyone ever been there that can point me into the right direction of what is a must see...or a must drink???
:ban:

Stop in Sachsenhausen in Frankfurt for some authentic Apfelwein. In Munich, you'll visit the Hofbrau House just because you have to. After 1 beer, head over to Augustiner Brau across the street for better beer at half the price. If you have time and a car, head to Halbergmoos on September 28th for the Kleines Oktober-Fest. It's a small town near the Munich airport. Much more fun than the crowds down town Munich. Get a room at a Gasthaus and have fun. Visit Erding and take the Erdinger Tour. It's a blast!

Back