Georgia brew shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Are there any good brew shops in Georgia??? I'm new and only have experience with one shop and they are awful to deal with. Any ga home brewers out there??

Was less than impressed with brewmasters, at least the guy who wouldn't help me cuz I was new and had to many questions is what it seemed.

Was less than impressed with brewmasters, at least the guy who wouldn't help me cuz I was new and had to many questions is what it seemed.

I am here almost all the time and I can say that the employees are very willing to help out new brewers. We do it everyday and are very good at it. I have never seen an employee that did not take the time to answer every question that a new brewer had.

Stop by and I will take care of you personally.

Ed

+1 for brew masters.
Also there is beer necessities in Roswell / Alpharetta. Both good shops with helpful folks.

First post! Woot. I just moved to Atlanta area from Chicago and had the same question. Thanks for asking benzy.

+1 to brewmasters warehouse, hop city doesn't have nearly the selection of homebrew supplies, but their beer selection is the best in the city. I tend to leave with an arm load of beer and an empty wallet every time I go

Brewmasters Warehouse is amazing. Beats the pants off all the other brew shops I've been to in Atlanta.

I'd suggest you give them another shot.

Well I built my all grain system. I don't know if it's correct or if I have everything I need so I guess I'll take it all over to brewmasters and hopefully they will loom at it and help me see if it's right and i have everything. I also think I'm gonna keg so I can hopefully get more info on that topic. I'd love to give them another shot cuz they are so close. Maybe I caught them on a busy day or somthing.

There's also Winecraft that's just north of the Perimeter. Nice people and good enough if it's in your area and all you care about is kits. But I haven't been back there since I found Brewers Warehouse...

Anyone know of any local ga brew clubs or if someone is planning on doing an all grain batch I could sit in on?

There is covert hops society and final gravity craft brewers, probably others that I don't know about. A google search should get you to either website

If you give Just Brew it a try you will be happy. You have my word on that. Doug (owner) is just a little South of Atlanta. I drive past a few other brew shops to make it to him. I have been a customer of Just Brew it for over 5 years now and am very happy.

Doug is very frendly and the man knows his stuff.

http://aardvarkbrewing.com/

benzy4010 said:
Anyone know of any local ga brew clubs or if someone is planning on doing an all grain batch I could sit in on?

Also, I know brewmasters does classes and they probably do all grain. I actually live two hours north of atlanta, but my girlfriend lives there so I do most of my homebrew shopping when I'm down there. Ale yeah is another brew shop if you're in the decatur area

I've developed an attachment to The Brew Depot.

They are in Alpharetta and are very active in the homebrewing community, hosting and sponsoring events, teaching classes, etc. Plus, being that they are only 10 minutes away from my office I can sneak out at lunch time and hang out and pick up what I need.

I've been impressed with the openness and willingness to help out shown by the employees/owner and don't yet have a single complaint. Heck, I've even seen them encourage someone to bring in a sample of their brew to have a certified Judge help diagnose off-flavors and discuss the finer details. As it turns out, the kid was encouraged to enter his beer into a competition that was coming up and took a 2nd place ribbon with that beer. Good stuff!

:mug:

I'll also say that Brewmaster's will help out newbies.

I went to pick up an order I placed online, in the storefront, and a guy was being helped who was there before me. I overheard he hadn't brewed in years and only had some chickenscratch of a recipe from his friend on a sheet of paper. The associate spent a good 15 minutes with him "updating" the recipe and making substitutions, and going over the equipment he had at home.

I just browsed the store while I waited, no big deal. Plus his hot wife looked bored so I got to talk to her a little bit.

I can't make it that day just check my syllabus I have a midterm that day I can't miss

Do you brew often?

Most of us have equip that's too cumbersome to haul so most don't brew during brew days. This Sat is the first we've done in a year. We meet at BMW the first Tues of the month for INHBC, feel free to join us.

wncbrewer: Your PM is full.

This is for Ed, I'd like to come by sometime tomorrow and see about kegging and bring my brew set up over to see if it's right of that's okay? I'm interested in getting outfitted for kegging so possibly get three refurbished corny kegs and ect.

This is for Ed, I'd like to come by sometime tomorrow and see about kegging and bring my brew set up over to see if it's right of that's okay? I'm interested in getting outfitted for kegging so possibly get three refurbished corny kegs and ect.

You're better off sending an e-mail to [email protected]. I know he checks this site, but his personal e-mail is a more reliable method of communication.

MikeG said:
Most of us have equip that's too cumbersome to haul so most don't brew during brew days. This Sat is the first we've done in a year. We meet at BMW the first Tues of the month for INHBC, feel free to join us.

wncbrewer: Your PM is full.

Thanks and sorry, I just made some space

I've been meaning to get up to BrewMasters Warehouse. HopCity is just up the street from work and it's where I picked up my equipment kit and recipe - very helpful. Unfortunately, their insane beer selection gets the best of my wallet every time I go in.

Back