Genius to moron in 60 seconds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Dammit!!! I accidentally followed a link and ended up in the Brewing Science thread. Within just 60 seconds my ears started bleeding because of the high pitch whistling sound as my perceived IQ rushed to meet my actual IQ.

When it got there it didn't stop, the momentum and mass of my perceived IQ (PIQ) pounded my actual IQ (AIQ) into the ground. This was surprising to me, as I had assumed that my PIQ would be much lighter than it was, as it is full of holes (HOLES).... My PIQ is now perceived to be LESS (less) than my AIQ..

Before reading science thread :- PIQ + HOLES > AIQ
After reading science thread :- PIQ + HOLES < AIQ

This disturbed me for a while, until I remembered that I can pick up a tennis ball with my toes (TOES).........So.... Up your's geeks!!! :D

So umm do you feel like linking to this thing that made you feel not so smart.

Welcome to the world of research :)

Just when you think you know something, it turns out to be nothing. Then you believe something is nothing, only to discovery you have something. Then the cycle starts all over.

Nothing from something from nothing to something............... on and on.

Great talent with the tennis ball:D

How does the old saying go?

"When you earn your Bachelor's, you think you know everything.
When you earn your Master's, you realize you don't know anything.
When you earn your Doctorate, you realize no one else does either."

(I have a Bachelor's. SWMBO has a Doctorate. No wonder that I feel I'm always right and she thinks I'm an idiot.)

Don't feel bad Gnomey. A Mother loves all her children, even the slower ones. :p

Hehe! My brother did the university thing, became a prominant dental surgeon. Built up his practice and stayed with it...... I pissed around for 40 years, lived and worked in 4 countries, had a ton of fun. My parents always knew I was really the smart one, and I think they felt a little sorry for my brother in that respect. ;)

How smart you are depends on where you are standing.
knowing your way around New York is important when you are in New York but,
when your standing in front of a rattlesnake in west Texas it won't do you a damn bit of good.

How smart you are depends on where you are standing.
knowing your way around New York is important when you are in New York but,
when your standing in front of a rattlesnake in west Texas it won't do you a damn bit of good.

Ever seen Norwalk, Ohio!? WOOT! I'm a fookin' genius again!!! Thanks!! :D

Never dealt with a NYC cabbie, I assume?

All cabbies are from India or the middle east. I have been in cab's all over never met one I could understand till it got down to the money part. :D

point is, different life, different issues.;)

There is science behind boiling an egg but you don't have to be a scientist to boil an egg successfully. Who cares?

My mom thinks I am so smart and self sufficient, my brother not so much. My brother gets the bulk of her stuff in her will. I am just a harder worker that is all. I need to dummy up. :mad:

Back