Generic Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the pic and the link seems to work too. Let me know if it doesn't correctly now.

Still nothing:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:50497.

we can't see the picture because it is trying to host from "localhost" which is your computer. you can see it because the file exists on your "localhost" but not ours. not sure about the upload/linking settings for this board but you might want to try and image host like imageshack.com or even flickr.

You're linking to localhost. If you're not behind a NATed firewall you need to link to your public IP. If you are behind a NATed firewall you need to forward port 50497 from the router to your computer, then link to your router's public IP. Or, use an image host.

little image host tip........photobucket is where i keep all mine. i cant upload at work to a site but i can email the image to photobucket and it appears in my album.

I hate picasa and having to link to a freaking picture of this site rather than being able to imbed it into the post. I will work on this for the future

Pretty cool! I am particularly fond of the photo; very artistic.

If I might make one recommendation, "justfy" the vertical text on both sides so that it makes a visually-pleasing block of text rather than leaving one jagged edge. It's not so bad on the left as it is on the right.

Do you think you want a place to write the name/style of the beer? I know I couldn't keep track of batch numbers in my head (but I shouldn't project that onto you!).

A pal of mine years ago had an acquaintance at a print shop run him something like 15,000 self-adhesive labels remarkably like yours: Chris had a white block on the label he'd fill in with a Sharpie. They were those glossy, thick labels that are such a ***** to get off, so he didn't bother - he just stuck the new one over the old and got over it! ;-)

I still contemplate that route. But the glossy, thick self-adhesives are bloody expensive...

Bob

Back