Generation Kill, anybody?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleym0nster

Reaction score
Anybody been watching the HBO mini series Generation Kill? It's kind of like a modern day Band of Brothers. I really like it. Just wondered if anybody else had been watching it?

I just hope it's not over. The last episode almost had an ending mood to it.....if so it's a terrible ending.:(

Well I have seen all 7 episodes that have come out so far, and IMDB.com is showing 7 episodes in the shows detail. IMDB says:

A Rolling Stone reporter, embedded with The 1st Recon Marines chronicles his experiences during the first wave of the American-led assault on Baghdad in 2003.

Without spoiling it for anybody......if the synopsis from IMDB is correct, I'm led to believe that 7 episodes is all there will be.

I read the book a few years ago, and it actually followed the book very well. They had a couple of the actual Marines that the book was about in the show, plus Evan Wright (the author) was on site for the filming of the series as well. And yes, it's just 7 episodes long...

I thought that HBO did a pretty good job, based on what I'd read in the book.

I don't watch much tv at all but this one caught my attention. DVR'd all the episodes and I've really enjoyed them. I still need to watch the last 3 but I think they captured the BS component of real military life pretty well.

Back