General Computer Question with BS Twist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJM

Reaction score
I had to reformat my computer and reinstall Windows XP Pro. Really the only things that I had on the computer that I wanted to save were BeerSmith recipes and my BeerSmith settings (equipment, inventory and such).

So, before reinstalling XP, I copied all of the BS files that I could find from my computer and onto a flash drive.

What is the best way to get BS back up and running on my computer so that I get all my recipes and my setting back? Can I simply copy the files off the flash drive into a directory on my computer or would it be better to actually download and install BS fresh and then copy select files from the flash drive over to the computer?

Thanks for your help. PJM

I would do clean install first from the internet download then copy your files over. Otherwise it will not work

Once you have everything re-installed and up and running the easiest way to bring your files in is using the import wizard which is located under the File tab.

Back