Gas Valve/Control Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
I am working on setting up an automated MLT, using a basic brutus 10 design, and have a few questions about the electronics.

I will only be controlling 1 burner for now, but may automate the HLT later on. I am looking at the Auber SYL-1512A controller. It lists the input voltage at 85V A/C - 260V A/C, and the output voltage at 240V AC. Is the output voltage a constant 240V, or does it replicate the input voltage? Also, can I just run that directly into a transformer, and control a honeywell gas valve (24V A/C), or do I need to tie the controller to a relay, and keep the 24V a/c transformer switched from there?

Like pretty much all controllers, there is a rating for the input voltage used by the device itself, and then there are one or more ratings for the voltages it can switch or otherwise control.

So "85V A/C - 260V A/C" is the operating voltage - what the device needs for itself to function - and "output voltage at 240V AC" is the max voltage rating for the relay output.

If you want to control a 24vac device (solenoid, for instance) you'll need to provide a separate transformer to wire through the SIL output relay and on to the device.

The manual is pretty thorough on your options...

Cheers!

The same as the input.
Check the manual, I think on mine I can use 115VAC to power the PID and I can put another source to the input that would also be the output. So in your case it could be 24VAC.

Ok, I was finally able to get a good enough connection to get the PDF downloaded. Best I can tell, you can switch up to 3 amps of any voltage (a/c) that you wish. Looking at it, you can use a jumper and use the voltage that you are running the controller off of, or feed a different voltage to it and switch that, which is my plan. I went ahead and ordered a contactor just in case that doesn't work, as they were only 8.95 and I a sure I can reuse it elsewhere if it isn't needed for this project.

I ended up ordering the 1/16 DIN rather than the 1/32 DIN just for the extra display line.

Latest posts

Back