Gas prices are falling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedalmedic

Reaction score
So gas has steadily decreased in price over the past few months. What I want to know is when are the utility companies going to abolish the surcharge they have placed on my utility bills. I am noticing a difference in the amount it costs me to fill up and go to work. I would think that they would too.

In North Carolina my bill is $50 more than last year. Thing is last year I kept the thermo at 70 this year at 65. They tell me because of the weather. F*** them. Hope their balls freeze off.:D

I'm calling my trash collection company on Monday to demand that I don't see the $9 fuel surcharge on my next bill. When companies conciously add a line item for fuel surcharge, they do so to give the customer an illusion that it "might" be removed later. Haha, those F'ers never anticipated this. If they would have just increased their base rates to absorb it, most people would just let it go.

Gas was $4.25 in September, now it's $1.63. WTF man? Good idea about the fuel surcharge bobby. I need to keep an eye on that on everything.

I heard an announcement on the radio here stating that the utility companies contracted fuel before the prices dropped and it might be a couple months before we see a drop. Although it very likely may have happened, it sucks rocks!

Back