Gas Needle Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ox1574

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a gas needle valve with the following connections?

1/2" FPT x 3/8" Flare

I would probably go that route. I did not see any flare ends on their website. Shipping was pretty quick, order went out the day I called. I hope you're not using that teflon tape for gas. I used the crazy sticky putty stuff. Reminds me of Stik-em from the NFL back in the day!!!

No just the plumbers putty. I had only one leak while plumbing my gas line and Brutus, and that was on the pilot for the burner. Great stuff.

Yes, I agree! Especially if you're running large amounts of piping... it is so much quicker. I suppose it's not that messy, now that I think about it... but on a side note, when running natural gas piping under a crawl space, in a basement, etc, I always use both the yellow tape AND the pipe dope - the guaranteed best way to prevent a leak.

Those are all for propane. I needed them for natural gas. Too bad I like the prices on the above site.

You should give them a call.

I am no expert but I think these valves may work for you. They are gas rated valves. I know there are real differences between NG pressure regulators and propane regulators as well as in the burners. Not sure on the needle valves (it is a simple orifice with a needle that restricts the flow! ).

Call the site. They will be able to help.

Good luck.

Cheers!:mug:

You should give them a call.

I am no expert but I think these valves may work for you. They are gas rated valves. I know there are real differences between NG pressure regulators and propane regulators as well as in the burners. Not sure on the needle valves (it is a simple orifice with a needle that restricts the flow! ).

Thanks. Too late though I already have the other ones and they are installed on the B10. Work great!!! Thanks for the link though.

Latest posts

Back