Gas line length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepolmot

Reaction score
So I'm finally getting my kegerator together, and while everything fits, its a bit snug. Is there any reason not to shorten the gas line to be just what it needs to be? Thanks.

I kind of had a similar issue in my keezer. I ended up using shorter lines for the kegs near the gas manifold and longer lines for the kegs farther away. Do whatever makes sense for you, since there's no issue with having longer or shorter gas lines.

image-1243453982.jpg

Hey barrooze - what are the pvc pipes on the left side of your keezer for?

Also, don't you have a compressor hump? How do you fit all those kegs in there with the compressor hump?

wilserbrewer said:
Perhaps one longer gas line to easily reach kegs outside the keezer to purge and seal the kegs, then simply reconnect inside.

Another option, if space is truly an issue in your kegerator, would be to keep your CO2 outside of it. You could then hook up a supply CO2 line if you wanted to purge and seal kegs without disturbing the interior contents until you wanted to.

***Sorry for all the pics!***

image-2181237400.jpg

BetterSense said:
Also, don't you have a compressor hump? How do you fit all those kegs in there with the compressor hump?

In order to fit my four pin locks and 1 ball lock inside my freezer, I needed to eliminate the compressor hump. What I did was build a stand to extend the height of the hump for the entire keezer floor. I added a fan that pulls the cool air from underneath the stand to the top of the keezer to help circulate the air and cool the lines better. The below pic should help illustrate what I did.

image-161155256.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I cut one pretty much exactly to length and left the other a bit longer for sealing/purging the extra keg I've got. Though i realized that the hump of my mini fridge has this odd design where its got a lip on it and the CO2 doesn't sit perfectly on it. Luckily the kegs act as a support, but i'll likely be looking to run the gas in from the outside. Good enough for now though.

Back