Gas Hiss Sound

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdsarch

Reaction score
Okay,

So I kegged my first beer today. I have a primary regulator set at around 20 psi and I have a three regulator secondary. Since it is only my first beer, I only have one gas line hooked up. That regulator is set to 15 psi. All looks good. Now the question. I can hear a gas hissing sound. It has only been on for a few minutes, so I take it this is normal. Is it?

The gas sound will probably go away onece the keg is equalized right?

Any info any of you long term keggers have out there would be helpful.

Yes. For the first few minutes you will hear the gas flowing. If you still hear gas for longer than that, start checking for leaks. I've had the pressure release valve not seal on a keg before.

Thanks. I went through with soap and checked some connections. The tank to primary regulator had a small gas leak. I thought I was going to have to use some plumbers tape on the threads, but I tightened it just to see if that would work. It seems it did. No more bubbles and the gas hissing sound seems to have disappeared.

Thanks

Back