GABF Brewery recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scraggybeard

Reaction score
I'll be attending GABF this year with my brothers. Does anyone have any can't-miss brewery recommendations? Any up and coming breweries from your area that will be attending? Any other tips for attending the festival? Also, will they be publishing a schedule of events and presentations? Thanks in advance!

I'll be interested in following this thread as well - I managed to get tickets myself. I've got my list of "Must hits", assuming they're there... DFH, Lagunitas, Stone, just to name a few.

Can't wait for it to get here...

Tighthead, Half Acre, and Haymarket, all from the Chicago area.

It's the smaller local breweries I am always most interested in at the GABF.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

upcoming around the southwest burbs of Chicago near me is putting out some REALLY good beer: Hailstorm Brewing Co. Great Belgians and their RIS is fabulous!

Download and use the GABF Beer App. This has been a great help to find where the breweries are located around the hall and what breweries are near where you are.

My recommendation is to pick one or two of the popular breweries and head straight for one when you get in, the lines will be long and they will run out of beer first. The first night I was there three Floyds was out of beer halfway through the session so the next session I headed straight for their booth when I walked through the door and they were already out of zombie dust. Also Samuel Adams pours utopias at random times so keep your ear open for that. Last year they also had an app for android/ iPhone that you could dl for free which had the list of attending breweries and a day or two before the opening session they listed the beers. I highly recommend you dl it. My bet is even if you make a plan/ strategy before you head in it will probably be thrown out the window within an hour or two BUT like I said plan on hitting up those one or two breweries first and do it!

I'm glad I got to go the actual gabf event just to say I did it (I had tickets to every session but only went to two) but honestly I had more fun going to the beer dinners/ falling rock/ fresh craft/ Euclid hall etc. I really wish I was going this year but I don't think I can wing it but I may still go even if I cant source gabf session tickets.

Mad Tree, Warped Wing, and Cigar City!

Don't miss getting your grove on in the Oskar Blues silent disco!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back