Fuse question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeantownD

Reaction score
My Panel will be fed by 30A. it will have 2 5500W elements, single pid, single ssr, 2 contractors and an estop (following one of P-J's diagrams). Boxes are starting to arrive full of fun switches and lights and what not...can't wait to get going on this and be done with my heat sticks.

My question/situation:
After the power comes into the box from my spa panel and is distributed from the terminal strips, the diagram I'm using has fuses in place (1A, 2A and a 10A). I'm assuming I need to order panel mount fuse holders rated for 15A (each leg of the 240/30A=15A, correct, or would this work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-Panel-M...829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbcb5d3d

Thanks in advance,
Dave

No, you don't specifically need panel mount fuses. I have inline fuses (basically a wire with a fuse in the middle of it) that I bought from Radio Shack. They work fine and they were super easy to install. Some other guys that have installed panel mount fuses wish they hadn't, due to the extra drilling and the pain it is to get the fuses out of them. Just a thought.

You are not fusing the 220v feed. This would require 30 amp fuses and holders and you should have a gfci breaker for this.

Fuses are for pump, pid, and switches.

Back